THD® Anopress: portable system for Clinical Anorectal Manometry
Learn more about the advantages of THD® Anopress, a new portable and easy to use system for anorectal manometry
THD Anopress: portable solution for Clinical Anorectal Manometry
Conventional anorectal manometry equipment
Anorectal manometry is an essential test for the precise assessment of the functionality of the anal sphincters and of the rectum. Anorectal manometry is the only diagnostic examination which measures sphincter pressure and reflexes as well as rectal sensitivity.
However, traditional anorectal manometry is a time consuming and uncomfortable exam generally performed using a cumbersome, multi-channel, liquid-transduction piece of equipment. Furthermore, the physician needs to carry out the test in a separate laboratory and the patient’s clinical assessment is normally performed by an external clinician at a second stage.
Conventional manometry shows other limitations, such as:
- need of catheter calibration
- wide range of normal and abnormal values
- difficult interpretation of data
THD® Anopress system: a new approach to anorectal manometry
THD® Anopress is an innovative portable anorectal manometer directed at overcoming many of the issues associated with conventional anorectal manometry.
THD® Anopress provides the ability to correlate data with symptoms in a simple and quick way and make standardized and repeatable data immediately available.
The physician who carries out the test can also easily assess the results and connect them to different pathological conditions. The matching of test results with specific colorectal diseases is based on the interpretation of a curve describing the sphincter activity at different points of the exam.
THD® Anopress system consists of an anorectal manometer with a dedicated software and single-use probes specifically designed to be used in combination with it.
THD® Anopress manometer is compact, light-weighted, battery operated and compatible with most PCs. The manometer can be connected with most PCs and laptops via Bluetooth for data filing, printing, or data sharing.
THD® Anopress is equipped with an LED screen that provides real time display of pressure values both numerically and graphically. Manual controls on the frontal panel make it possible to move through the different phases of the test.
THD® PressProbe and THD® SensyProbe
THD® Anopress system includes dedicated single-use probes pneumatically activated and designed to be used in combination with THD® Anopress manometer:
- THD® PressProbe: to measure sphincters’ pressure. It has an ergonomic grip and an atraumatic profile to reduce discomfort for the patient.
- THD® SensyProbe: to measure sphincters’ pressure, recto anal inhibitory reflex (RAIR) and rectal sensitivity. It has an ergonomic grip and an atraumatic profile to reduce discomfort for the patient.
THD® Anopress software
THD® Anopress system has a dedicated software with a user-friendly interface. The software allows the specialist to create a clinical record for each patient, to track their medical history, compare current data with previous ones, and manage further examinations.
The diagrams based on measured data provide real time display of the average pressure variations during examinations.
THD® Anopress system: features and benefits
THD® Anopress system provides exclusive features and benefits:
- Quick & easy to use
- proctologist can perform the test on his or her own with no nurse-assistance
- extremely short learning curve
- no need for long preparation of the patient before the test
- suitable for immediate use in any location (outpatient clinic or hospital)
- exam last between 5 and 10 minutes
- Direct data interpretation by the specialist
- real time mean pressure values immediately available during examination
- results displayed real time both numerically and graphically
- intuitive functional diagnosis and assessment of muscular activity
- Accurate & standardized
- precise average pressure values analysis during different functional phases
- standardized and replicable values neither operator-based nor equipment-based
- self-calibration for precise and constant pressure measurement
- automatic system activation with no need of initial set-up
- pressure data and test reports filed in dedicated patient folders
- Compact & light-weight
- easy to transport
- weighs only 630 gr/1.39 lb.
- Cost effective
- low-maintenance system
- disposable probes with long shelf life and no need for maintenance
THD® Anopress: indications
Common indications for a clinical anorectal manometry are:
- active/passive fecal incontinence
- obstructive defecation syndrome
- chronic constipation
- obstetric injury or post-partum sphincter damages
- peripheral nervous system damages due to trauma, diabetes or sclerosis
- before or after surgical sphincter repair
- before or after surgical treatments in the anorectal region (i.e. anal fissure, anal fistula etc)