THD® ProctoStation: all-in-one integrated modular platform
THD® ProctoStation is an integrated platform that provides the ability to perform multiple anorectal exams and electrosurgical treatments using its different modules.
Anoscopy Module: THD® ProctoStation HRA
THD® ProctoStation HRA Module is a new approach to High-Resolution Anoscopy that allows overcomes most of the limits commonly associated with the use of a colposcope.
THD® ProctoStation HRA module provides high-resolution videos and image captures of the anal canal and of the anorectal junction thanks to an HD camera with an all-in-one touchscreen PC and dedicated software.
Furthermore, THD® Light-Scope Procto HRA, a disposable LED proctoscope with a built-in LED light, eliminates the need for external light sources during the procedure.
The wide lateral window of the THD® Light-Scope Procto HRA proctoscope ensures easy access to the anal canal for biopsies and surgical treatments performed with the AIN Treatment Module.
THD® ProctoStation with HRA module is suitable for both the outpatient and the OR setting.
To learn more about the features and benefits of THD® ProctoStation HRA module, click here.
Clinical Anorectal Manometry Module: THD® Anopress
THD® Anopress is a portable anorectal device for clinical anorectal manometry. THD® Anopress is equipped with dedicated single-use probes and an LED screen for real time display and assessment of anal sphincters’ pressure values as well as rectal sensitivity.
To learn more about the features and benefits of THD® Anopress, click here.
Electrosurgical Ablation: AIN Treatment module
THD® ProctoStation system is also equipped with an electrosurgical ablation module for the surgical treatment of AIN lesions.
It includes a high frequency desiccator, an electrosurgical unit, probes with different features and a smoke evacuator to treat a wide range of anal lesions in a safe and comfortable way.
To learn more about the features and benefits of the AIN Treatment module, click here.
THD® ProctoStation: features and benefits
THD® ProctoStation integrated modular platform offers exclusive features and benefits:
- more ergonomic position for the provider’s upper extremities, which are typically extended at ninety degrees when using a colposcope
- more ergonomic position for the provider’s shoulder and neck muscles, which are typically fatigued by keeping a stiff position against the eyepieces when using a colposcope
- Compact and versatile:
- its size allows for a comfortable exam even in smaller rooms
- suitable for both outpatient and OR practice
- it allows for multiple patient’s positions (lateral decubitus, prone or dorsal lithotomy) without the need to rearrange the equipment
- it offers both HD motion video and still picture capture, eliminating the need for additional digital cameras as with the use of other technologies
- Fast and user-friendly:
- each exam lasts less than 10 minutes on an average basis
- it allows the clinician to offer first contact diagnostics and interpretation, eliminating the need for further medical examinations and subsequent interpretations
- Ready to use:
- no need for previous calibration of the single instruments
- no moving parts which need periodic adjustments and lubrication, which are frequent with the other technologies
- Safe and accurate:
- no interference between THD® ProctoStation lens and surgical instruments, such as biopsy forceps and power devices, commonly associated with the use of other technologies
- effective suction of both toxic smoke and fluids during the procedure
- proctoscope and camera firmly connected to the patient, providing a more stable image and eliminating the need for continuous adjustments commonly associated with the use of other technologies
- image of the anal canal centered and in focus during the whole procedure
- it allows surgeon, assistant, and observers to see the same high-quality image, while videos acquired by other colposcope are often dim and cropped
- self-contained, all-in-one modular platform which can connect to different plug-and-play peripherals to perform different diagnostic and surgical procedures